TDR are delighted to announce that following our Ofsted inspection in March 2020, we have once again maintained our GOOD Provider status. The full report has now been published on the Ofsted website and can be found at:
We are delighted with this grading and some of the pertinent points which we are very proud of are:
- Engineering and science apprentices benefit from a range of good practical resources and well-equipped classrooms that enable them to develop their skills and knowledge to industry standards. Apprentices relish opportunities to develop their practical skills. They attend well and are punctual.
- A high proportion of engineering, science and business administration apprenticeships complete their programme successfully. Apprentices develop good personal and social skills, including delegation, leadership and communication.
- The curriculum for engineering, science and business administration apprenticeships is well planned and sequenced. This enables apprentices to quickly develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours and become valued employees with the companies they work for.
- Tutors and coordinators have a high level of experience, particularly in the engineering and science sectors. They use this experience well to engage and motivate apprentices.
- Most apprentices develop their knowledge and skills quickly. They know more and can remember more, and are more productive at work as a result.
- Leaders and trustees have good oversight of apprenticeships. Trustees work closely with leaders and managers to ensure that performance targets are met and they challenge leaders and managers to make improvements where required. Leaders and trustees have clear plans for the sustainability of TDR.
This grading wouldn’t be possible without the commitment, hard work and determination of our 500 + apprentices, employers and all of our wonderful employees at TDR.
Thank you all!